kdevelop 3.4 makeopts issue

Kris Wong wongk at seapine.com
Mon Apr 30 15:06:16 UTC 2007

>> I lately often run into build problems with MAKEOPTS greater than -j2
>>
>> profileeditor.h:38: 'QListBixItem' has not been declared
>> profileeditor.h:39: 'QListViewtem' has not been declared
>>
>> I dont know why and it doesnt always happen, but it could easily be
solved
>> with this patch.
>>
>> Well, it is no "must apply" but with this at least this makeopts
problem
>> doesnt appear anymore.

> This patch is absolutely right, the header file uses these two classes
> and thus should add forward declarations for that. Applied and
> committed, thx.

This is a timing issue.  profileeditor.h includes profileeditorbase.h,
which is generated from profileeditorbase.ui.  I often see this when
using "make -j3".  profileeditorbase.h already forward declares the 2
classes that the patch adds, so this patch doesn't actually fix anything
(although it certainly doesn't hurt).  The reason it appears to fix the
problem is because once you've issued the second make command,
profileeditorbase.h has been generated.  You will continue to see this
issue any time you do a clean compile, in which case issuing a second
make command is all that is required to "fix" the issue.

Kris Wong