KDE/kdevelop [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

Kris Wong wongk at seapine.com
Wed Apr 25 12:34:25 UTC 2007

>> But why should static libs not work on windows? When I was
programming
>> for windows I was using them all the time.. shared libs should be
fine
>> too though.

> I'm not sure, but I think you can find it in the svn log of
> buildtools/managers/qmake/parser. That was a static lib when I first
> wrote it and was converted to a shared lib, IIRC due to building on
> windows.

Static libs work just fine on Windows, we use several in our projects.

> Windows uses gcc 3.4, 4.0 won't be available when KDevelop4 is
> released.  As far as MSVC goes, I'm not sure it still has that many
> problems, at least the VC2005 should be able to understand most of
> the C++ language.

MSVC 7.x and above handle the C++ language just fine.  There was a bug
introduced in SP1 of the MSVC 8.0 compiler that breaks templates, but in
this case not even Qt will compile.  There is a hotfix available for
this.

On a separate note, what is kdevelop-teamwork?  I did a quick google
search and was unable to find any useful information.

Kris Wong