Introduction ...

Sandro Andrade sandro.andrade at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 02:06:09 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I would like to present myself and expose my desire to contribute to
KDevelop project.

My name is Sandro Andrade and I've been using FreeBSD and GNU/Linux since
1997 both as user and developer, with special interest in development using
the standard C++ language.
I've been working for the past eight years with object oriented-design and
implementation using C++ and I am a quite appraiser and full-time user of
KDevelop and Qt technologies. Qt3 and KDevelop have been my major
development technologies in the last four years and recently I join a
research project that relies entirely on Qt4.

As part of my master dissertation, I've been designing and developing a
reusable component-based platform for industrial data acquisition based on
CORBA Component Model (CCM), the CIAO (Component-Integrated ACE ORB)
middleware ( http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/TAO.html<http://www.cs.wustl.edu/%7Eschmidt/TAO.html>),
and Qt3. Our project, called ARCOS ( http://arcos.sf.net), encompass a OMG
DAIS (Data Acquisition from Industrial Systems) Standard implementation and
qt3-based client applications for industrial supervision.

I hope to become an effective KDevelop contributor and I would be grateful
for some initial guidelines. I have successfully compiled the last snapshot
for KDE 4.

Thanks in advance and congratulations for the nice project,
Sandro Andrade