KDE/kdevelop [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

David Nolden david.nolden at art-master.de
Wed Apr 25 00:45:20 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 25 April 2007 00:34:38 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I tried to make the cmake stuff work a bit better, removing static libs
> (those don't work on windows, AFAIK) and making them shared libs, fixing
> boost and commonc++ finding and adding include_directories instead of
> directly including files from other subdirs.
The package-finding is good.

But why should static libs not work on windows? When I was programming for
windows I was using them all the time.. shared libs should be fine too
though.

Imo it looks cleaner having
#include "network/common.h"
etc. instead of
#include "common.h"
from within another folder, because the first case makes clearer what's
included.. but however. I must admit the include-directives are a bit messy,
I will clean them up a bit.

> So far my impression is not that good, there seem to be many unessecary
> include's, it doesn't compile (strange erros in stl-headers, I guess
> some conflict between boost, commonc++ and stl) and it produces lots of
> warning (before I tried to clean the cmake files).

Now let's keep things separate. Are you trying to compile under windows? What
compiler are you using? The code compiles fine at least with any compiler
above gcc 4.0 I've tried, but MS compilers are known to have their problems
with C++, and I've used C++ to the max.

I've fixed 99,9% of the warings in my last commit.

> I seriously start to think this should move back into a branch until its
> more mature.

The warning are away, the compile-problems should not exist(and if it would
still be in a branch noone would have told me that there even is such
problems), and I'll clean the includes tomorrow.

> Sorry David, I know you put a lot of work into this and its definetly
> something that would be cool to have in KDevelop, but I just don't see
> how somebody dives into this codebase when you don't have time anymore.

My time is rare, but I'm willing to invest some time to clean the code a bit
up and make the functionality work correctly. But I'm not willing to do "not
so important" things above that, like adding a qt-backend to the
networking-library.

greetings, David