KDE/kdevelop [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Tue Apr 24 08:29:21 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 24 April 2007 09:11:44 Alexander Dymo wrote:
> > You're right. But I think it's not ready yet for use by other
> > applications. Once kdevelop-teamwork is completely ready, it hopefully
> > will be. In the end I'd like to see that stuff in a separate project,
> > there's a lot of code that for example koffice-teamwork(a summer of code
> > project) could profit from.. but It would also make building a full
> > kdevelop as well as development on kdevelop-teamwork more complicated. So
> > it's something to do later.
>
> Well, let's contact the student then...

I've tried, but couldn't find his email-address on his blog. But I was
planning to do it yet. :)

If he would use the networking-library, he could:
- have a ready-to-use collaborative-editing system in place
- Eventually add an option for using qt instead of common-c++(should be max. a
day of work)
- Add support for Jabber(I think he was planning to do so for his work, with
the right libraries in place it probably wouldn't be much work too).
- Add support for zeroconf(I think he was planning that too).

So we could also benefit from that.

The question is whether he's interested in starting his work based on this
library.

Before pointing anyone at the code, I'd like to make sure it works again so it
can be tried out. :)

greetings, David