KDE/kdevelop [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Mon Apr 23 03:43:37 UTC 2007

On Sunday 22 April 2007 18:56, David Nolden wrote:
> SVN commit 657032 by zwabel:
>
> Finally port kdevelop-teamwork to trunk. After all the porting it does not
> work in any way(needs some fine-tuning), but please keep it compiling!
>
> The networking-code adds some new dependencies:
> Common-C++( debian-package libcommoncpp2-dev )
> Boost's serialization-library( debian-package libboost-serialization-dev )
> Boost's threading-library( debian-package libboost-thread-dev )
> Boost's iostream-library ( debian-package libbost-iostreams-dev )

You didn't mention that this was going into trunk. I just assumed you were
updating the branch so that it would compile with trunk.

I wish you would reconsider the use of all these external libraries that add
extra dependencies and provide functionality that most likely overlaps with
what's provided with Qt.

I also don't think all of the stuff that's in lib should be there. lib is the
platform, it should be small and compact and what's there now applies mostly
to the teamwork plugin and i feel it should be moved there.
--
Matt