KDev3 SVNFileInfoPovider::status

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 18 19:09:27 UTC 2007

On 18.04.07 14:44:54, dukju ahn wrote:
> 2007/4/18, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> > the status() function in SVNFileInfoProvider is synchronous and is
> > dead-slow on large trees (like kdelibs). Also its called (as far as I
> > can tell) for each click on a directory in the file tree view runs
> > status() on the directory.
> >
> > So, can somebody please make this async,
>
> I tried once to make it async, but it was some deep kdelibs
> routines that creates the of each item on filetreeview. So
> I couldn't touch the underlying mechanism.

Yeah, thats why I gave up too...

> > or at least make sure the
> > svn-call doesn't recurse into subdirectories as obviously thats not
> > needed for the filetree view.
>
> I committed this fix.

Unfortunately that breaks the status display. I'm not sure what the
reason for that is, but the top-level dirs inside the project are not
colored and don't have status information associated. However opening
one of the items does show status for its childs.

You will be imprisoned for contributing your time and skill to a bank robbery.