Test for CVS plugin

Robert Gruber R.Gruber at gmx.net
Sat Apr 14 22:32:20 UTC 2007

Hello,

I just did a small test app for the cvs plugin. As far as I've
never written a unit test using QTestLib before, it would be
nice if somebody could take a look at what I've done so far.
Just copy the attached archive to kdevelop/lib/plugins/vcs/cvs and
extract it. (make sure kdevelop/lib/plugins/vcs/cvs is up-to-date first)

First I run into trouble because I could not link to my shared
plugin library. So I added the needed source files (cvsjob.cpp
and cvsproxy.cpp) directly to the test app by doing this
in the test's CMakeLists.txt file:
set(cvstest_SRCS ../cvsjob.cpp ../cvsproxy.cpp)
Is this OK? Or is there a better way?

Thanks, Robert

BTW: When I issue "make test" in kdevelop's builddir, it tells me this:
Test project /home/kdedev/src/kdevelop/builddir
  1/  5 Testing kdevcvs-test                     Passed
  2/  5 Testing qmake-parsetest               Unable to find executable: /qmake-parsetest
  3/  5 Testing qmake-assignmenttest          Unable to find executable: /qmake-assignmenttest
  4/  5 Testing qmake-functionscopetest       Unable to find executable: /qmake-functionscopetest
  5/  5 Testing qmake-scopetest               Unable to find executable: /qmake-scopetest

20% tests passed, 4 tests failed out of 5

Are the qmake test broken, or do I have to call anything else than "make test" to run them?