Multiple projects and SCM plugins

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 13 20:47:40 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 13.04.07 22:22:25, Andras Mantia wrote:
>>  I'm wondering about the following scenario: you have 2 projects open,
>> they use two different SCM plugins. How will this work without
>> confusing the user? Both SCM plugins would add actions to the different
>> contexts (mostly to the file context), so how will be avoided to not
>> show (for example) two commit actions, and to show the correct SCM
>> actions for each project?
>
> Uhm, the context menu for the project manager will use a ProjectFileContext
> not a FileContext and this will include the IProject* pointer or at
> least the projectbaseitem pointer. So the SCM can decide wether it needs
> to add actions or not. The projects config will contain an entry with
> the plugin name, as IIRC not all VCS systems can find out from a
> filesystem path wether its a VCS-controlled dir.

Right, AFAIK perforce is 100% server-side, so it is actually very
brain-dead unless it has been configured for the project :-) (this
includes telling it what client to use!). Since I don't expect anyone to
have multiple VCS's in use /in the same project/ this should be fine.

--
Matthew
Current geek index: 62%