Using KJob for SubversionJob

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Apr 13 19:28:58 UTC 2007

On 13.04.07 10:25:09, dukju ahn wrote:
> 2007/4/9, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> > On 09.04.07 04:44:34, dukju ahn wrote:
> > > The progress dialogs is not there. We should implement it manually.
> > > I am worried whether the people had the wrong concept on KJob.
>
> > No, I think we have the right idea about KJob. The idea is to have a job
> > class that can be shown in a desktop-wide widget (which already exists
> > in kdeui) which shows currently ongoing jobs and also provides some
> > control over them (like pausing, aborting and so on).
>
> Can you let me know how do I access and view the
> "desktop-wide widget" you mentioned? I didn't find such widget class on
> kdeui. Also I couldn't find on my kdebase4. I think I should look at it
> before I rework.

Uhm, its now shown when you start kdevelop and load a project, because
CVS uses KJob subclasses :)

IIRC its the kuiserver (not sure where the app is) that you can see and
you don't show that yourself, the KJob automatically registers itself
with the server and thus the jobs that get started "automagically"
appear in the progress monitor (as its called atm).

If you think last Tuesday was a drag, wait till you see what happens tomorrow!