[KDev4] CVS plugin

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Apr 13 19:21:31 UTC 2007

On 13.04.07 21:59:48, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On 4/13/07, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > > Can't the plugin init() be made to return success/failure?
> > There is no init(), thats the whole problem.
> Just a wild guess, can a factory check for cvs executable and refuse
> creating a plugin (like return 0 pointer)? I think that cvs plugin's
> code will be a lot cleaner in case it's written in assumption that cvs
> exists. What if we reimplement KGenericFactory::createObject() to
> return 0's?

Thats exactly what I was thinking about. The only downside here is that
this means having no way to let the user give the path ot CVS binary.
This could probably be worked around by having a kcm from cvs that loads
into the KDevelop global config dialog, unless the factory cannot use
KGlobal::config().

Are you a turtle?