[KDev4] CVS plugin

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 11 15:53:22 UTC 2007

On 11.04.07 11:12:26, Robert Gruber wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:36:14 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 11.04.07 10:05:28, Robert Gruber wrote:
> > > I just committed a first version of my CVS plugin for KDevelop4.
> > > Currently it's only possible to run actions via the menubar. The action
> > is
> > > always performed on the currently displayed file.
>
> > We first need a CMake macro to
> > check for cvs-existence, so we can conditionally compile cvs plugin.
> I'm not sure if it's a good idea to make the compilation of the plugin
> depending on the existence of the cvs client. Otherwise one would have
> to recompile KDevelop if he installed CVS after KDevelop. cvs is not required at compiletime at all. Therefore (although I don't know if that's
> possible) I think we should rather check for it's existence at runtime
> and maybe disallow the loading of the plugin if cvs client is missing.

Hmm, right. You're not using a lib... Well, there's no way to do what
you want to do, except by providing your own factory method for the
plugin in which you can do the check and then decide wether to return 0
or a plugin instance.

The dependecy checks that we do in KDevPlatform are only for our
Interfaces.

Next Friday will not be your lucky day.  As a matter of fact, you don't
have a lucky day this year.