[RFC] Workingstyle of different VCS systems

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 9 19:41:30 UTC 2007

Matt Rogers wrote:
> On a side note, can we please start calling it SCM (for Source Code
> Management) rather than VCS? We're not writing KDevelop to handle
> various versions of things, we're writing it to manage source code.

...but we are talking about integrating VCS's, not SCMS's. :-)

To me VCS implies it can handle things that are not "source code" (like
.png's), which of course most if not all of the VCS's we're talking
about do (take a look at the commits on kde-artists if you don't believe
me ;-)). This, to me at least, conversely implies that a SCM System
(i.e. an SCM*S*) does something "more" than a VCS.

You're welcome to try to change my mind. :-)

--
Matthew
If you believe you received this e-mail in error, you are probably sadly