[RFC] Workingstyle of different VCS systems

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 9 15:54:11 UTC 2007

Matt Rogers wrote:
> I think we need to support tagging and branching in the interface somehow.
> Just because it's not something that developers do often, it's something we
> should support, especially if we want a "make a release, package it, and
> publish it" plugin, like we have with KDevelop 3.

Ok, well the multiple interfaces thing will cover this :-). The plug-in
will just have to be careful about VCS's that don't implement tagging as
something that is not branching (e.g. subversion, as opposed to perforce
where they are *totally* different actions).

This brings up a wrinkle... we need to be careful how we define a
"checkout scope"... in svn it is just a path; in perforce it is a client
view (i.e. a mapping consisting of several path pairs with an optional
exclude flag). Tagging needs to take a "checkout scope" as input.

--
Matthew
If you believe you received this e-mail in error, you are probably sadly