KDE/kdevelop/lib/plugins/vcs/subversion

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Apr 8 20:47:42 UTC 2007

On 08.04.07 15:57:04, dukju ahn wrote:
> 2007/4/8, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> > Especially the KJob classes would be useful for
> > stuff that takes longer (i.e. checkout of a project) and would allow the
> > job to be visible in the desktop-wide job-widget.
>
> Although we use KJob, the progress dialog should be still implemented
> manually. KJob only emits progress percent. Unlike KIO::Job, It doesn't
> provide progress dialog. Can anyone be more specific why we should
> use KJob instead of QThread?

Our jobs are listed in the desktop wide progress bar. So One can hide
kdevelop on a large checkout or update and still see the progress. Apart
from the fact that its probably easier to hook a KJob class to a
KProgressBar (or Q*) than having a QThread do the same. Or am I mistaken
there? (I didn't look too close at KJob)

Do something unusual today.  Pay a bill.