[RFC] Context-Menu Handling in KDevelop4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 4 09:18:46 UTC 2007

On 04.04.07 10:11:03, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 April 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Personally I think the actionCollection way is cleaner and we don't
> > have to iterate over all plugins asking them for additions to the
> > context menu.
>
> I'm just thinking how will be possible to control the order of
> appearance of the menu items.

hm, how about KActionCollection::actions(), without looking into the
code I'd assume it returns the actions in the order they were added. I
might be wrong here of course.

Also there are action groups, so rather than adding individual actions a
plugin should add an action group with all its actions. And then we only
have to make sure the order is the same on each invocation of the
context menu.

You will gain money by a fattening action.