autosave

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Wed Apr 4 00:31:55 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 03 April 2007 22.50.05 Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> Not sure why we haven't added auto save. It sounds completely trivial to
> do. A checkbox and perhaps a configurable interval, what else could it
> possibly need?

Here's a quick stab at autosave for KDevelop3.

The implementation is straightforward and the only curious thing is probably
the m_isSaving flag. It's needed to weed out a corner case where if a file
has been externally modified and the autosave kicks in, KDevelop will show a
messagebox asking the user for confirmation. Without this flag to keep track
of this state, the messagebox will be launched again and again (for every
autosave) and this is potentially really bad.

I put the configuration in Settings -> Configure KDevelop -> Editor.

Opinions? Worth applying?

// jens