kdev3.4 debugger creates new breakpoints

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Sep 14 06:22:26 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 23:44, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Actually it seems this bug is older than our mi-debugger. There's a
> report from 2003 for exactly this problem. Jens said kdevelop
> shouldn't allow editing of files while in debug mode.

I don't agree with Jens (and I'm not sure it's possible to do). I would
much like to be able to edit while debugging as I do it very often
(find a bug, fix it quickly) and move the bps correctly. KDevelop
should realize - and I think 3.4 already does - that the source was
changed during debugging and offer to recompiled and run again.

Andras