Please do not add anymore language support parts to the main tree

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Sep 13 09:37:13 UTC 2006

> On Wednesday 13 September 2006 09:25, Escuder Nicolas wrote:
>
>> PS : i think developing the languages support part of any language
>> outside
>> the trunk is a good idea because we can update the language part more
>> frequentely than integrated with kdevelop. But kdevelop don't have an
>> download/installer for language part.
>>

> There is a framework in kdeedu called khotnewstuff or something like that,
> that downloads and install plug-ins. Maybe that can be used in KDevelop 4.

We use the hotnestuff in Quanta, and while it is great it will not work
for KDevelop plugins (basicly will not work for anything that needs to be
compiled), without a lot of error possibilities. That framework is great
for application data or for plugins written in script languages though.

Andras

--
Quanta+ developer - http://quanta.kdewebdev.org