KDevelop 3.4 beta 3 release date?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Sep 7 14:06:16 UTC 2006

On 06.09.06 23:32:31, Matt Rogers wrote:
> Does anybody have an idea of when beta 3 should be released? As we get more
> into the KDE 4 development cycle, I don't really like the idea of spending
> anymore time on KDev 3.4. However, I'm not sure that KDevelop 3.4 is ready
> for general public consumption now, since I've run into a few crashes, an
> infinite loop of some sort in the new c++ stuff that chomped all my memory,
> crashed my box and killed all my kittens, and a few other bugs and
> regressions.
>
> So, it really boils down to three questions.
>
> 1. Do we want to continue on the path towards releasing KDevelop 3.4?

I think it would be really bad to abandon kdev3.4, as there's been so
much work done for it.

As for the bugs/crashes.. I'm still planning on getting a few more into
kdev3.4 with my qmake-parser-rework. I already said on irc yesterday
that I can now more or less handle the scopes/subprojects/includes in
the overview. I'm planning on "opening" the branch for the public
sometime next week. And if it's been through a couple of weeks of
testing I'd like to merge it back into kdev3.4.

You will never know hunger.