Profiles and "disabled plugins"

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Sat Oct 21 13:32:45 UTC 2006

On Saturday 21 October 2006 10:22, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > As far as I know, the debugger plugin needs to have changed name for this
> > to be possible. Has it? Can you in fact make it load twice??
>
> Yes, the other debugger has a different name.

It's not still installed with 3.4, right? So the only time this would happen
is if the user has a previous release installed and installs 3.4 without
uninstalling the previous version (granted, this is probably common for us
who install from svn).

If we want, we can solve this by bumping the plugin version number. It's meant
to control binary compatiblity of the KDevPlugin interface and by increasing
it we can make sure than any previously installed plugins from older KDevelop
releases will not be loaded.

Bump KDEVELOP_PLUGIN_VERSION in kdevplugin.h and update all plugin .desktop
files  to support this version.

The only downsides I can see with this are
 Any indenpendently distributed KDevelop plugins will fail to load (until they
are updted) but are there any?
 It's a bit of a chore to do, since it means updating all our plugin .desktop
files and it might not be immediately obvious if we miss something.

// jens