A test session with the current kdevelop

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke at tibco.com
Fri Oct 20 19:32:18 UTC 2006

Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Friday 20 October 2006 21:34, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Also, is there any way to force the left pane to be full height and the
>> bottom pane to fit in the remainder of the window minus the left pane?
>> With kmdi-ideal this is potluck, i.e. if I restart KDevelop I usually
>> get what I want about every other time. With simplified it seems to be
>> consistently the way I don't want it. I could probably get used to this,
>> but it would be better if it was configurable.
> Well actually those things you're talking about distract me too
> but I can't really fix them without hacking qt dock widgets
> (and the bottom pane placement is simply impossible even to hack).
>
> What I want to say here is that I simply can not fix that problems.
> The goal of "simple ideal" was not only to have the simpler UI but
> to have simpler code. This means we rely on dock widget implementation
> in Qt and some problems you have are problems with dock widgets
> (#1 is simpleideal bug though). And I don't want to add more hacks
> now, let's just wait for KDevelop4 where things should be a bit better.

That's fine, just as long as these things aren't forgotten. :-)

I can live with which dock area gets precedence; this is mostly a matter
of "what I'm used to". Who knows, maybe I'll decide I like it? ;-) But
the other two visual issues are very distracting (haven't tested the
patch yet, sorry... will try to get to it soon). Is there hope for the
resize handle with the broken colors?

Btw, because I'm thinking of it, thank you for *looking* at this, and
for a very pleasant conversation that actually (or at least seems to!
:-)) expresses concern for my concerns.

--
Matthew
When on POSIX, do as POSIX mandates.