A test session with the current kdevelop

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Sat Oct 14 18:34:01 UTC 2006

On Saturday 14 October 2006 21:51, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Saturday 14 October 2006 20:36, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > > this is my gdb version:
> > >
> > > [tom1 at tom_lap testlog]$ gdb -v
> > > GNU gdb 6.3-8mdv2007.0 (Mandriva Linux release 2007.0)
> >
> > Ooh! That's very old gdb, no wonder it's having trouble.
>
> Very old? Mandriva 2007 is a *very new* distro.

Okay, maybe not very. But 6.3 is previous release. In this case, it's
apparently gdb that's having problem -- and most likely not in MI mode but in
the core. If I, or you, try to report this bug, we'll be told that to try
current version.

> SUSE 10.1 has gdb 6.4. Same in Kubuntu 6.06. Is that old too (I doubt,
> as its the latest)?

No, 6.4 should work fine.

> What gdb is required for KDevelop to work properly?

All testing was done with 6.4.

> I suggest that if 6.3 is not acceptable, the gdb plugin should check the
> version and warn the user on startup.

That's a good idea, I'll look into that.

- Volodya