crash on close kdevelop 3.3.5

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Oct 11 11:11:35 UTC 2006

On 11.10.06 11:22:12, Tommaso Massimi wrote:
> On 10/11/06, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > This is the famous XIM crash. It happens because many distro's include
> > the qt-xim patches and there seems to be a race-condition that causes
> > the crash. Are you using kdelibs 3.5.5? Because this should be
> > fixed/worked-around in kdelibs 3.5.5. If it is crashing with that
> > kdelibs version for you please find the bugreports on
> > konsole about this and add a comment ( I don't have the url's at hand)
>
> I have kdelibs 3.5.4, so this could be the problem.

As Andras mentioned: s/could/is/

> the next time I'll try to better search in the mail list :)

I'm not sure wether this was discussed on this list, however the
backtrace shows the problem to be in konsolepart. konsolepart comes from
kdelibs, kdevelop just loads the plugin and embeds it (same with the
editor which also triggers the same crash), so you'd have to check
kdelibs/konsolepart bugreports to find out about the bug beeing fixed...

You will pass away very quickly.