GDB error when hitting continue after segfault (or any other SERIOUS error)

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Tue Oct 10 12:10:46 UTC 2006

Hi!

Another issue is an ugly GDB error window when hitting continue after the
application got killed (because of segfault, double free/delete...). The
error I get is:

Debugger error
Debugger reported the following error>
Couldn't get registers: No such process.

and after clicking ok:
The debugger component encountered internal error while processing reply from
gdb. Please submit a bug report.
Details
The exception is: MI type error
The MI response is: ^done

and then:
Can't get frame id Could not found frame id from output of 'info frame'.
Further debugging can be unreliable.

Debugger error
Debugger reported the following error:
Cannot fetch general-purpose registers for thread -1209006368: generic error

Apart from the 'buggy' english, a single message saying something like: "The
program was killed. Please examine the 'Frame Stack' tool window for further
information regarding the location of the error." would be much better. Four
message boxes is just a bit too much. To me the thread id mentioned in the
last message box indicates an uninitialised value. As the third message
indicates, kdevelop is indeed quite instable afterwards. In my humble opinion
this may happen quite often and kdevelop should continue running without any
later crashes.

Shall I file another bug report?

Regards,
	Florian