draft: cmake <-> kdevelop integration

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Tue Oct 3 23:40:23 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 07:25, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 01 October 2006 17:42, Matt Rogers wrote:
>
> > For now, I suggest putting this mail on hold, and continuing to work on
> > the CMake support and see how far we can get without having to make heavy
> > modifications to CMake. As need certain modifications, we should request
> > them, and if necessary (due to time constraints), implement them
> > ourselves. IOW, we should be cooperating with the CMake folks to get what
> > we want for KDevelop, not sending them mails like that basically say
> > "Hey! You need to do this for us! Yesterday!"
>
> That's not how this email was intended to be.
> It was: "We need this and that functionality in kdevelop. In which
> ways can this be achieved ? Here are some of our thoughts. Now let's
> discuss this."
>
> If there are no further comments, I'll leave it at this and won't start a
> discussion with the CMake developers.
>
> Bye
> Alex

I think this is the best course of action. I wasn't at the BoF so I don't
exactly what went on, but I don't see the motivation behind a mail like this
at all. (If someone could elaborate on why a mail like this would be needed,
please enlighten me). Let's continue to work within our current channels of
communication and see where we can go from there.

Alex, thanks for your work on this. I know it stinks to have it flushed down
the toilet, so to speak, but it's appreciated nonetheless
--
Matt