More debugger bugs

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Nov 28 19:06:03 UTC 2006

I try to use this stuff and document the bugs now (also on
bugs.kde.org). The first part is reported as bug #138040, the second
part is #138041.
I consider them serious bugs and regressions. If they are not fixed, I
heavily object to release KDevelop 3.4.

The bugs themselves:

The debugger fails to display the content QStringList (Qt3) correctly.
The code is something like this:
PluginController::getInstance()->unloadPlugins( m_info->m_ignoreParts );

m_info->m_ignoreParts is the QStringList, and has one element (node).

If I watch the variable, it shows:
There is no member or method named QValueList<QString>. for the "data"
field of the nodes,
but it correctly show that the list has 1 nodes.

Furthermore in the unlodPlugins we have:
void PluginController::unloadPlugins( QStringList const & unloadParts )
{
	QStringList::ConstIterator it = unloadParts.begin();
	while ( it != unloadParts.end() )
	{
}

unloadParts should be the same as m_info->m_ignoreParts. Well, at this
stage the debugger doesn't even
show *any* value for the "nodes" entry (should be 1), and of course the
above problem is present here as well.

A frame handling bug:
if I want to go back to inspect m_info->m_ignoreParts again, I click on
the #1 frame in the frame stack. It
goes back to the correct line (the above one), gives me some errors:
Can't take address of "this" which isn't an lvalue.
Can't take address of "this" which isn't an lvalue.
Address requested for identifier "part" which is in register $rbp
Variable object not found
No symbol "m_info" in current context.
Variable object not found
There is no member or method named QValueList.
There is no member or method named QValueList.

and I end with a disabled m_info->m_ignoreParts under Watch. I *cannot*
remove it, but
I can add again the same m_info->m_ignoreParts under Watch, ending with
two entries.
 Doing so more errors appear:
No symbol "m_info" in current context.
mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object
Variable object not found
Variable object not found
No symbol "m_info" in current context
Variable object not found
Variable object not found
No symbol "m_info" in current context.

The new entry is added, but I still cannot inspect the variable's value.

The double error messages might come because I had two entries for
m_info->m_ignoreParts.

Andras