Profiling data for qmake manager

Stephan Diederich stephan.diederich at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 20 09:39:56 UTC 2006

Hi Andreas,

2006/11/20, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> Hi,
>
> as opening the Qt4 src takes quite some time here I ran valgrind with
> callgrind on it. As mdd and eventually adymo wanted to have a look at
> it, I'm posting here the URL where to fetch the profile. Everybody
> interested is invited to have a look at the profile and the source and
> make suggestions for improvements.
> The data is at: www.apaku.de/vardata/kdevelop.callgrind.bz2

the problem with the profile ist, that's it is not covering the full
startup phase. For example it doesn't reach the insertion into the
Listviews. So optimizing on base of that is maybe not a good idea. As
it took some time until I realized that, I still made 2 changes.
Attached are patches for the big guys in the profile you attached.
Both of them reduce/eliminate copying of QListViews and a conversion
from QValueList to QListView. But this gives only about 20% reduces
startup time for me.

The patch for QMakeDefaultOps can be applied, the patch for Scope is a
matter of taste, I think.

Cheers,
Stephan