Code completion

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Nov 18 12:16:05 UTC 2006

On 18.11.06 13:00:16, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Freitag, 17. November 2006 23:44 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > On 17.11.06 15:18:53, Kris Wong wrote:
> > >
> > > The *_ui.h headers can be anywhere on the disk, though.  For instance,
> > > in my projects they are in a subdir of the build directory, which means
> > > this would not work for me.
> >
> > Well, then there's actually no way to do this easily. The parser would
> > need to have access to the internals of the project manager - i.e. where
> > such generated files are put.
> >
> > Andreas
>
> I've just implemented your proposed behavior locally, but It's a bit hacky. I
> don't know whether I'd submit it, because it may create new problems. Since
> the header isn't part of the project, it isn't watched for changes, it won't
> be stored to the pcs, etc.

Hmm, yeah thats not really nice... Its sad our project managers don't
have a "generatedFiles" function...

> There would be a cleaner solution: I might automatically add preprocessed
> headers that are within the project-folder to the project, but that would
> need a checkbox and might be considered a feature. :)

I'd say save that for 3.4.1, I hope Matt decides to lift the feature
freeze as is done for kdelibs&Co too. I have a new feature too :)

Beauty and harmony are as necessary to you as the very breath of life.