SVN plugin

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Mon Nov 6 12:24:23 UTC 2006

On Monday 06 November 2006 14:25, Megan Webb wrote:
> Is there a maintainer for the svn plugin?
>
> I submitted a patch for the diff command for now.
>
> I know there's a feature freeze, so don't want to do too much
> there now.
>
> I think there is room to improve this plugin, and since I've started
> using it, am willing to take this on if no one else is working on it..
>
> Is  working on a new/upgraded svn plugin?
>
> Please let me know so we don't duplicate efforts..

FWIW, I have a student, Alexander Lyubitskiy, that is working on SVN GUI
frontend, and there are plans to eventually make a KDevelop (4) plugin out of
it.

One important goal is to simplify handling of diffs and commits. For example,
commit should pop up a window with entire diff where you can specify comments
for individual changes, and exclude specific changes from commit, without
going to other windows or manually reverting changes.

Long-term plans include support for local history, and UI for merging changes
between branches.

I'm not sure what's the right approach for cooperation would be -- for now,
this project is completely standalone, and not ready for practical use. Maybe
a Wiki with ideas would be good?

- Volodya