Fwd: Re: loading c++ project crash on 64bit machines

Alexander Dymo dymo at mk.ukrtelecom.ua
Sun Nov 5 23:41:14 UTC 2006

Subject: Re: loading c++ project crash on 64bit machines
Date: Monday 06 November 2006 00:32
From: David Nolden <david.nolden at art-master.de>
To: Alexander Dymo <dymo at mk.ukrtelecom.ua>

Am Samstag, 4. November 2006 14:20 schrieben Sie:
> After spending some time to reproduce the problem at irc we've finally
> found a way:
> 1) Have a 64 bit machine with 64bit OS (SuSE 10.1 in my case)
> 2) create a simple kde project and close kdevelop without closing
>   the project so it would get loaded next time
> 3) go to konsole and run kdevelop, but don't let its window to be shown,
>  do something in konsole so that you see only kdevelop splash at maximum
> 4) have a crash with included backtrace or have all your memory eaten
>
> I've looked at it but didn't understand why it happens so far. David, could
> you please help?

The way to reproduce this crash looks a bit strange :) The problem is I don't
have a 64-bit-OS to try it out, but after some looking at the source, I think
I found the reason(Something was written into the stream as size_t(64 bit
under 64-bit OS), and read as int(32 bit)).

So please everyone who encountered the crash, try out..

greetings, David