cppcodecompletion reorganization

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri May 26 22:00:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

 I think I will stop now with reorganizing this code. I'm sure it can be
done much more, but now at least it is partly separated, rearranged,
and hopefully it is more readable. Still I would request David to make
some more steps:

- fix the copyright headers
- fix the warnings. There are many "unused" parameter warnings. If you
don't need them, remove them. If they are needed in some instance (like
in the super class, but not the derivate one) use Q_UNUSED(variable).
There are also many "unhandled enum value" warnings.
- remove unused methods and functions. Don't keep them because "they
might be needed". This is not a library, so you can safely add later
anything without worrying of BC issues.

The above I would say is a must. Some extra ideas what to do:
- move out the remaining classes from  cppcodecompletion (I think there
are two now)
- split simpletype.h/cpp more
- create an implementation file for computerecoverypoints
- be sure to keep inline methods only those that are:
	- very simple (return a member variable, for example)
	- are performance critical
- reduce the number of typedef's, friend classes and class-inside-class
constructions.
- verify the header dependencies and reduce them to minimal (can be done
if you have less inline methods)
- document the methods and classes with doxygen tags

Andras