hmmm

Jens Herden jens at kdewebdev.org
Thu May 25 02:09:10 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 21:08, Mathieu Chouinard wrote:
> after reading the last few threads now I understand
> why so many people are against releasing their code uner
> an open source license ... because they know their code is
> ugly ...
> Mathieu
> PS. this is a sarcastic comment :D

Sorry, my comprehension of English is not sufficient for this.
What do you mean here?

I for my side am very happy that Andras takes care about the code quality. And
I am always grateful if others do this for me with my code, because I get an
opportunity to learn and it prevents me from having my name associated to bad
code.
But of course getting criticized hurts my ego and can create unpleasant
feelings. But IMHO this is the price for improving myself.

I think we need to uphold a certain standard of our codebase. This can be done
by preventing code from coming into the codebase that does not meet our
criteria. Or we can accept code and when we see the need to talk about it we
start a discussion. This is what I observed here.

Jens