Another error with KDE 3.3

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed May 24 12:29:34 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 11:33, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Hi,
> I've now run into another build error against KDE 3.3, this time in
> debugger code. I'm making use of the KListViewSearchLineWidget, and
> it's only available since KDE 3.4. This time, I don't know about any
> easy workaround, it's only possible to rewrite that widget
> completely, which I'd rather not do.
>
> Ideas?

As it was stated the first decision was to require KDE 3.4. You could
try the following:
- #ifdef out the KListViewSearchLineWidget parts, so this will be
missing in KDE 3.3.
- import KListViewSearchLineWidget sources into kdevelop/lib/compat and
compile /use if KDE < 3.4.
- don't do anything, and KDevelop 3.4 will require KDE 3.4.

Certainly don't spend time to rewrite the code.

Andras