branches/kdevelop/3.4/languages/cpp

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon May 22 15:50:45 UTC 2006

On Monday 22 May 2006 18:24, David Nolden wrote:
> > And which one is that QListView? That should simply be changed to
> > KListView instead of trying to workaround with a magic.
> >
> > Andras
> >
> > PS: Compiling now with the simplification so I might find out soon
> > what crashes.
>
> It's the navigator-QListView. It is created in a QComboBox. There is
> some function to replace it, but that looked a bit dangerous to me. I
> prefer what you see in lib/widgets before creating new crashes/leaks
> ;)

I found it and looking at it right now. That class has serious problems:
it is from Qt (but from where, Alexander? I couldn't find in the qt
sources) and is linked into the KDE libraries...
Aside of licensing problems, I want to know:
- why is it installed
- I can see it is used in partselectwidget.cpp and (surprise)
kcomboview.h
- kcomboview.h is used in some places (just a few, mostly in classview)

So I suggest:
- do not install qcomboview.h
- this will enable me to not take care of binary compatibility (anyway,
is libkdewidgets BC?)
- I will make sure KComboView uses a KListView instead of QListView and
everybody will be happy.

Andras