MI branch merge

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon May 22 12:04:50 UTC 2006

On Monday 22 May 2006 14:39, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Saturday 20 May 2006 17:13, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > Some more bugs:
> >
> > 1) if you edit a line which had a breakpoint set and press enter,
> > the new lines will also have a breakpoint set. Same issue if you
> > just insert lines somewhere: the breakpoints are not moved but are
> > fixed to the line numbers. This is a bad regression to 2.x days,
> > something I fixed for the old debugger early in 3.0 development.
> > Basicly means setting breakpoints useless because as soon as you
> > edit the document they will not be at the point you really want to.
> > Just enter some lines and delete some others and everything will be
> > a mess. :-(
>
> I honestly don't know how moving of breakpoints use to work before.
> Can you give some hints? Did text editor move the marks
> automatically, or there was explicit code on KDevelop side?

First the behavior: the breakpoints were assigned to a specific line,
not the line number. If you moved the line with enters/deleting line
before the breakpoint moved with the line. I find this essential.
As far as I know the code to handle this was completely in KDevelop.
I can search for my old commit if you want.

> > 2) After doing what is in 1) Delete All breakpoints does not work.
> > I suspect the bug is just the same: improper handling of lists (e.g
> > when deleting items).
> >
> > 3) I miss the buttons to delete all or one breakpoint.
>
> Deleting one breakpoint is done with "Del" key. I plan to add
> shortcut names to the context meny.

That's good. Please add icons as well. ;-)

> Here's a problem. I removed the original toolbar in part because the
> icons were very unobvious. For example, "delete" and "delete all"
> icons were identical. I'd be happy to add nicer icons to the menu,
> but where do I get them?

You may request new icons from artists or add only to some entries, like
"delete", but not "delete all".

> > 4) when debugging the following for loop:
> >   for (KURL::List::ConstIterator i = urls.begin(); i != urls.end();
> > ++i) {
> >     if (!QExtFileInfo::exists(*i, true, this))
> >   }
> > in the variables view the content of i (i->node->data) is OK the
> > first time, but after stepping to the next iteration, it is not, it
> > shows the first value for i->node->data. Only the following fields
> > are updated: i->node
> > i->node->next
> > i->node->prev
> > i->node->data->d
> >
> > but not anything like:
> > i->node->data0>m_strPath...
>
> Is this QString field? Maybe the problem is that QString handling has
> a slight bug...

Sure, it is the "path" field of KURL. I'm not sure if it's QString
specific though.

> > 5) I have some code which look like this:
> >  KMimeType::List list = KMimeType::allMimeTypes();
> >  KMimeType::List::iterator it;
> >  bool status = false;
> >  KMimeType::Ptr mime = KMimeType::findByURL(url);
> >  QString mimetype = mime->name();
> >
> > when entering the method, for mimetype the variables view shows
> > (inaccessible). After stepping through the line where it is
> > initialized, it is still (inaccessible). Obvisouly it *has* some
> > value.
>
> I'd need full debug output from KDevelop to investigate this. See a
> separate email on obtaining the debug output.

Ok, I will do it.

Andras