show default simplified ideal mode in UI config page

Bernd Pol bernd.pol at online.de
Sun May 21 08:06:31 UTC 2006

Alexander Dymo schrieb am 21.05.2006 01:53:
> On Sunday 21 May 2006 03:37, Jens Dagerbo wrote:
>> Did you try without your old kdeveloprc settings file? I haven't checked,
>> but I assume Alexander only made it default to "simple ideal" in the
>> absence of an existing setting.

I had removed all KDevelop specific settings files after SVN update
because I currently try to describe the behaviour of a fresh
installation, when I stumbled over it. The View menu was Simplified
IDEAl mode, yet the configuration page had normal IDEAL mode marked.

> KDevelop should look for UI/UseSimpleMainWindow setting at the startup.
> If it's not found, it's assumed as true so theoretically you should have
> simple ideal mode after KDevelop svn update and restart.

That is exactly the behaviour. It should only be marked as such by
default on the configuration page.

Bernd