Cpp-Code-Completion

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Mon May 8 15:48:06 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2006 20:54 schrieb Jens Dagerbo:
Ok, I've just got it ready yesterday. It isn't exactly perfect yet in detail,
but in general it has nearly all the features one could wish for :-)
The newest Highlights:
- A simple but effective expression-parsing-engine based on an abstract
operator-class that already can parse the most important types of expressions
and can easily expanded with new operators(it only cares about the Type that
results from the expression, nothing else)
- Completely working implicit template-instatiation for template-functions

What's missing:
- Correct identification of overloaded functions by the given parameters(that
would need some mapping of valid type-conversions(especially for the builtin
types), maybe I'll do that some
time but right now I'm happy that I'm ready for the beginning and nead a
break:)
- A big cleanup of the code in the cppcodecompletion.cpp, it still has a lot
of artifacts of the old system, and of the transformation to the new one,
left.
- Making all the the high-end-features optional.
- A lot of testing.

Anyway, I'd like to upload to svn soon, but it seems like my account isn't
open yet. Stephan Kulow asked my for my SSH key, I sent it, and didn't get an
answer since then(should be weeks ago). Yesterday I sent him another mail..

But since I am sending my application for the Summer Of Code now, I wanted to
send the patch too, so you can see that I'm not just faking. :)

I've stored the patch at http://www.art-master.de/David/nolden060508.diff.

Sorry Matt I was too busy with the template-stuff to change the navigator to
use KListView(didn't find the right place once I looked for it), but I'll do
that yet.

The patch is just for looking or trying out, but it needs some cleaning before
it can got to svn. With this mail I attach the file that I used to test the
completion, and currently there's no class I know it fails with. :)

greetings, David

david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de