mailinglist problem?

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Mon May 8 15:43:56 UTC 2006

ell, an announcement would have been nice. Also while I understand your
> > point I think it would better be handled in the archiving-software, i.e.
> > Mails sent out are still untouched and the archive hides all email
> > addresses.

That's bad too. It makes the archives next to useless, IMHO.

> It's certainly news to me. Even worse than the problem of finding an
> email for direct communication is how this anonymization makes
> following an email thread almost impossible. Figuring out who said
> what is essential for following an argument and most email software
> I've used the last 10 years quote by using the email of the author.

I second that: this is about as useful as anonymization on eBay. My first hand
knowledge of that is: it hinders business.

Here, it will hinder day to day activities. I don't know what good it's for,
as it's not the correct place to fix the spam problem.

Cheers, Kuba