gdb-mi: new bug

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Tue May 2 10:43:03 UTC 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 19:41, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 April 2006 14:55, you wrote:
> > Hi Vladimir,
> >
> > When attaching to a process with multiple threads, I get an endless error
> > "Thread ID -1 not known".
> >
> > It's hard to capture the output log, but copying by hand the commands:
> >
> > info frame
> > -thread-select 5
> > -thread-select 4
> > -thread-select 3
> > -thread-select 2
> > -thread-select 1
> > -thread-select -1
> >
> > Then the error about thread not known.
>
> I'm surprised you've got that far ;-) For me, attaching to MT programs
> works absolutely fine, except that KDevelop does not show the source,
> stack, variables and in fact anything. The root of the problem is that in
> MI, the attach functionality is ehm... not implemented. I guess I need to
> dig into my dirty hacks toolbox.

Fixed in revision 536458. There were at least three bugs:

  - KDevelop used "attach" and did not notice that we really attached
  - When attaching, you'd use the symbol table of the program you've setup
    in debugger settings, not the one you've attached to.
  - Attaching to multi-thread programs did not work as you've reported above.

- Volodya