Code-Completion

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Mon May 1 21:18:05 UTC 2006

Hi! I've worked a lot on it and now when I look at it, i've completely
rewritten the vital parts of the cpp-code-completion. I've got it now working
very well with templates, even STL. It isn't completely ready yet and still
needs some polish.. but there are two other thing's I'd like to ask about.

I've reactivated the type-display as prefix in the auto-completion-box(for
some reason it was disabled), and I use to show the types completely
template-processed. The problem is that it can really get a lot of text(so
one can lose the overview), and that the there's a lot more to compute then
until now(which takes especially long when the persistent repository is
used).

So first I'd like to know if it is somehow possible to specialize the
popup-widget so I can vary the fonts to make the whole thing look nicer,
similar to the way I did it with the class-view and navigator by just
overriding the item-widget.. I couldn't find anything about that.

Secondly I'd like to put the whole code-completion into another thread, since
on a big project it even slowed down and shortly blocked the GUI without the
new completion-system. Does anyone know how practicable that would be?

greetings, David

ps. I'm talking about kdev 3.4 :)