KDevelop 3.4 beta 1 got released.

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Tue Jun 20 12:32:45 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 20 June 2006 06:10, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 June 2006 17:53, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> > Do you think it is possible for us to release 3.4 together with KDE
> > 3.5.4?
>
> It's possible, but I guess coolo will be against it.

I don't think this is such a great idea. It puts too much pressure on us to
have something that's releaseable by then. The 3.5.4 release is in one month.
Will we have something that's in a releasable state by then?

> > According to the k-c-d ml, the date is:
> > > July 24th: Tagging KDE 3.5.4
> >
> > If we go for this schedule, let's have the message freeze
> > starting from June 20.
>
> So we should release a beta 2 ASAP.
>
> But before that we should integrate these patches:
> http://developer.kde.org/~binner/distributor-patches/
>
> This will improve KDevelop and make the distrubuiters happy.

The patches need to be reviewed first. If we like them, we can put them in. If
we don't like them, then we should just let the distributors keep applying
them.