kdevelop crashing at startup

Andreas Schallenberg ankls at web.de
Mon Jul 24 15:42:25 UTC 2006

Hello!

Am Montag, 24. Juli 2006 15:16 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Did you set KDEDIRS according to the output of configure? You need to
> set something like:
>
> KDEDIRS=$HOME/kdevelop:$KDEDIR
>
> The backtrace shows that KDEDIR and the system-wide installed kdevelop
> plugins are found before the ones in $HOME, this crashes kdevelop.

Setting this environment variable solved the problem.
Setting it prior to "configure" had no effect but
setting it before calling the kdevelop executable
made it work.

The compilation instructions on the web page
told me to type:

export KDEDIR=/where/your/kde3/is

Note: KDEDIR instead of KDEDIRS. The instructions
are for people which want to replace their system-wide
installation, therefore I didn't do that.

Thank you for your advice!