KDevelop lib BIC changes

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Thu Jul 20 23:13:27 UTC 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 15:08, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Thursday 20 July 2006 20:48, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > I have one, but I don't run a 64-bit OS on it. Being able to use it
> > with icecream easily is too valuable.
>
> Slightly offtopic, but I *think* you can use icecream on an x86_64
> machine to compile i586 code. There is some way to create an icecream
> compilation package that is uploaded to the other machine with
> different architecture.

You can. The hard part is using the other 3 x86 machines (many with the
equivalent of two processors thanks to hyperthreading) to compile for x86_64
processors. I didn't feel like messing with cross compilers and building a
complete toolchain just for icecream, so I took the easy way out. :)
--
Matt