KDevelop lib BIC changes

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Thu Jul 20 17:48:44 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 10:39:17AM -0400, Andras Mantia wrote:

> > only for you on x86_64.
>
> Am I really the only one with an x86_64 PC?

I have one, but I don't run a 64-bit OS on it. Being able to use it with
icecream easily is too valuable.

>  it compiles fine for me. I already told you that
> > you
> > should add -fPIC to the CMakeLists.txt file to make it compile for you.
>
> Yes, but if you followed the discussion on the buildsystem lists, there
> were voices against this and that instead of it we should include
> everything into the shared lib directly.

I don't care what the build system people said. The reason for that is
because I imported nearly all of CMake's source to get CMake support,
and until I get the changes into CMake upstream, I want to change as
little as possible in the build process for that code. Just add -fPIC to
the appropriate CMakeLists.txt file and be done with it. I'm not talking
KDE wide here, just for the few things in kdevelop that depend on it.
--
Matt