KDevelop lib BIC changes

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Wed Jul 19 23:54:47 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 15:29, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Seeing the recent commit of Adam Treat to KDevelop (and the fact that
> compilation fails, see the end of the mail), I would like to suggest to
> keep the same policy for KDevelop libs as for kdelibs. Shortly: keep BC
> until Monday, announce BIC changes in time and if possible adapt the
> usage of applications (right now KDevelop and Quanta only) to the new
> interfaces. This is to have the whole KDE svn in a compilable state any
> time, as it was stated in the "New kdelibs policy starting monday" mail
> from Stephan Kulow on core-devel.

No, sorry, I won't force the (perhaps less than) half-dozen people currently
spending time on KDevelop to adhere to the BIC changes policy that kdelibs
does. However, KDevelop should always be compilable against current trunk, so
really, it's about keeping your copy of kdelibs trunk up to date, and the
people of kdelibs trunk following the deadline.
--
Matt