KDevelop lib BIC changes

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Jul 19 21:44:33 UTC 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 00:22, Adam Treat wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 July 2006 5:02 pm, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 July 2006 23:54, Adam Treat wrote:
> > > Semantics. Yes, it has two if you count Quanta, but I wasn't
> > > aware that Quanta was using the kdevelop4 "platform" at this
> > > time.
> >
> > Yes, the kdewebdev/quanta in trunk is completely KDevelop
> > dependent. I just fixed to work with the current code (before your
> > changes). :-)
>
> Ok, I didn't know it was compiling or enabled.
>
> *sigh* if it is dependent upon our lib then it should all be in one
> module I think.

Of course this is not desired, so this is why we talked about creating a
kdevplatform module. After an IRC discussion there was even a list of
things to be moved to the module. I'm searching the archives for it....
Here are the discussions:
http://lists.kde.org/?t=114433251200003&r=1&w=2
http://lists.kde.org/?t=114636599200001&r=1&w=2
http://lists.kde.org/?t=114623559000005&r=1&w=2

Here is the outcome of what should be moved in the platform module:
http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/Platform_definition

> I guess I'll have to check out kdewebdev and make
> sure it compiles. Is kdewebdev/quanta the only thing that depends
> upon the lib?

Yes, that is the only one which depends on kdevelop right now. I partly
made it to compile now, but it will need some work as now the project
is not in XML format, but INI style, and we were depending on being XML
and having a projectDom.

Andras