Namespacing in kdevelop/lib

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Wed Jul 19 19:52:06 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 04:39:43PM +0000, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 July 2006 15:41, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 July 2006 02:20, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > > I think it would be a good idea to namespace the classes in under the lib
> >
> > Are there any concrete reasons to do this?
> >
> > > subdir and since i'm not so great at naming things, I'd like to get
> > > feedback on the following names that manyoso and I came up with on IRC.
> > >
> > > And the nominees are:
> > > KDev
> >
> > It's already there, but without ::. No sense to change IMHO.
> Yes, I agree this is the best one if we need to change at all. What problems
> has the lack of namespaces caused in the past?

There are no problems. It's just an idea. Why must everybody be so
ambiguous? Anyways, I'll try to be clearer:

I think it would be a good idea to namespace the kdevelop libraries. I
have no technical reasons for this. I like namespaces. I think it can
make the code cleaner in a lot of cases. I try to do it whenever it
makes sense. I think it makes sense here, so I propose it.

Do you want the kdevelop libraries to be namespaced? (yes or no is all I need)

If yes, do you have any other ideas for a name?

Since I seem to be the only one (besides Adam and Hamish) who seem to be
pushing things along, I'm just doing what I want when I want, except for
when I think there might be some controversy. Hence this discussion. If
the majority of folks don't want namespacing, that's ok. We won't do
namespacing in that case.

Thanks
--
Matt