Eliminating the separation between lib/* and src/*

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Tue Jul 11 17:32:24 UTC 2006

I want to eliminate the difference between lib/* and src/*

I don't see any good reason for keeping these in different directories and
adding twice the amount of files.

Most of the implementation in src/* is a bunch of _singletons_ that are
required for the binaries kdevelop, kdevassistant, and whatever other apps
that want to make use of the interfaces in lib/*

I can't think of a single reason why someone would want to reimplement
kdevcore.h for instance.  or kdevdocumentcontroller.h for another.

Keeping these in separate directories leads to twice the amount of files and
is a pain in the ass.  If I want to change the api for documentcontroller for
instance, i have to touch twice as many files and in different directories...
for no reason.

Besides, it isn't like we don't have implementation up the ying/yang in lib/*
now anyway.  Do a 'ls *.cpp' in lib/interfaces for instance. The codemodels
are all implemented their.  The projectmanager is implemented in
lib/projectmanager.

I say we get rid of this duplication.  What say you all?

Adam