in module source reorganization

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Feb 17 20:05:06 UTC 2006

Hi,

Adam (manyoso), Jens (teatime), and I (mattr) had a discussion in the
#kdevelop IRC channel last night about some reorganizations we'd like to make
to the kdevelop source tree in order to make things a bit more logical in
terms of directory layout and here's at least the first round of changes we'd
like to make:

- rename parts to plugins

- move the toplevel desktop files to their own directory called xdg

- move any installed libraries (and their code) that are outside of the main
lib directory to the main lib directory ( i.e. from kdevelop/languages/lib to
kdevelop/lib/languages, kdevelop/src/profileengine/lib moves to
kdevelop/lib/profileengine, etc.)

- languages and buildtools would move to the new plugins directory, since
that's really what they are.

Questions and comments are welcome. We'll try to answer things to the best of
our ability

Thanks
--
Matt